Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The one where it all began...



Every blog starts somewhere, right?!  So hello, it's nice to virtually "meet" you!

In short, the adventures life has brought me have been wild, beyond my imagination, & I'm afraid I'll forget if I don't document all the feels along the way....sooooo....I guess this is as much for me as for you :)

My 20's were awesome & since I turned 30 last summer, this year seemed like a good time to start blogging our adventures. 

You should know that I love Jesus with my whole heart & am grateful for His presence in my life!  I also love coffee, cooking, sleep, traveling, & all things chocolate.  Seriously.all.things.chocolate. I am a "recovering" type A personality & I cuss [a lot] when I’m mad or extremely passionate about something.  I try to workout, eat healthy, & attempt to do one something, every day for someone else.  I can break anything that is "foolproof," "lifeproof," or "unbreakable."  For real.  I like selfies because no one expects them to come out perfectly.  My mission in life is to pursue the Lord with reckless abandon, love fearlessly, & stand up for those who cannot stand for themselves.  I also happen to believe the world needs a lot more Jesus & a lot less judgment.  I do not believe that "different" is broken, but beautiful.

I am married to THE most wonderfully imperfect, sexy man I know & I love him with EVERY fiber of my being.  He makes me proud to be his wife on a daily basis.  Seriously ya’ll: our marriage isn’t perfect, but we love the Lord, & together, we make a heck of a team!



I am humbled to be "Mommy" to the most incredible little guy & I am so grateful God trusted us to love him for this life!  The fact that his belly Mommy & Daddy also trusted us to raise him is not lost on me.  More about that part of our journey in another post. 



This my our fur baby.  He is spoiled & I love him dearly!



I just graduated from my DREAM school with my DREAM degree & I'm waiting for God to tell me how to use it! 

I have loved and lost, which sucks....but I love better today because of them.



We have the BEST friends, family, & friends-like-family a girl could ask for!  None of us are perfect, but we love each other dearly despite all our imperfections.




Oh & guess what?  We're expecting 2 more boys---but not in the traditional sense!  We're adopting again & this time our boys are in China.  I've started this blog so our friends & family can keep up with everything that's going on during this incredible journey!


I am so honored that you’re taking the time to share in the story of my life, as I hope it reflects a Love greater than anything I may type.  I will be honest—that’s the “truths” part, & I am often tired—that’s the “tired” part, but I always strive to maintain a joyful heart that is full of gratitude regardless of my circumstances—that’s the “joy-filled” part ;-)

so stay tuned....
 

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So glad you are going to be blogging about your journey! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you! Love you sweet lady and think about you alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of my first born angel!

    ReplyDelete